Friday, June 28, 2013

A Message from President Walter Alvarez


President Walter Alvarez presides


From President Walter Alvarez:
 
Another Rotary year has ended and my term as President is over.  I view this event with mixed feelings.  In a way it is a relief from the duties and responsibilities that come with the job, but in a way I am also saddened by the realization that I won’t have those duties and responsibilities anymore.

As I said at the beginning of the year, during my time as president my goals were to ensure that the contributions that our Club makes to the Coral Gables community, and to the rest of the world, would continue, and to make sure our weekly luncheons were fun and interesting, a true example of the fellowship that exists among all of us.

I have been fortunate to lead a team of individuals who are self motivated to perform good deeds in their community for the benefit of all, and who enjoy sharing their good times with others.  Participation in our Community Service and Civic and Charity projects has been exemplary, and I thank all of you for your dedication.  Additionally, our weekly meetings have been entertaining and well attended, thanks to the friendly disposition and camaraderie of all our members.

Another job of the president and the board is to ensure that the club is run in a financially responsible way, and I am happy to announce that we will end the year with a net increase in assets.  It is also our job to increase, or at least maintain, our membership level.  As we are all aware, due primarily to the recent difficult economic times, our membership rolls have been strained in the last few years.  This year I continued the trend set last year by PP Debbie to increase our membership.

It has been my honor and pleasure to conduct our meetings every week and to lead our Club this year.  I expect PE Donald to do the same this coming year.  It shouldn’t be difficult if he gets the same amount of support and cooperation I got.  Thanks again to all of you!    

No comments: