Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Outbound RYE Ashley Fuentes Reports ....

All Because of Rotary!


I hope all is good at home and that everyone is doing well  I just wanted to keep you posted on my exchange so far.  Brasil has been pretty amazing so far!!   There are so many things I want to share with you regarding my experience here!

Just in short: I love the food!  Thus I've started dance class and I'm going the gym everyday with my own complementary trainer! 

I live walking distance from the beach with makes walking home from school oh so delightful! (And gives me time to write in the sand ... lol)

I am learning the language wickedly fast - way faster then I could ever imagine!  In fact at our first orientation,  the RYE officials would speak to me in Portuguese and I would translate for the group! I can't wait to see where my language skills will be at the end of the year.

I think people here are much nicer and easier to make friends with then back at home.  They are  fascinated with America.   I've made a bunch of friends already that I don't even want to think about having to leave in less then a year! 

My first host family has been amazing with me, they've truly allowed me to become part of their family and have been the best tour guides, showing me their beautiful city. Time seems to be flying by here and every day I learn something new about the culture, the people, and even myself!

I wanted to thank Rotary Club of Coral Gables for allowing me the opportunity of a lifetime and for sending me to such an amazing country.   This would not have been possible for me if it weren't for your help and efforts!   I can't wait till I return and I get to speak the club about my experience!

Ashley Fuentes
Brasil Outbound Exchange Student 2013-2014

P.S. Attached are some pictures so far from my exchange


Brasil RYE Students


 Me and my host Mom at Sunset


View of Sao Paolo out my window


No comments: