Friday, August 9, 2013

2013-14 Rotary Youth Exchange from Campanis Rotary Club, Brazil

DANILO MASSON, OUR CLUB'S 2013-2014 ROTARY YOUTH EXCHANGE STUDENT IS ARRIVING SUNDAY, AUGUST 11 AT 6:20 A.M. HIS FIRST HOST FAMILY WILL BE MADELINE MENDEZ, THE MOTHER OF OUR CLUB'S OUTBOUND EXCHANGE STUDENT, ASHLEY FUENTES. HE WILL BE ATTENDING CORAL GABLES SENIOR HIGH AND WILL BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF OUR INTERACT CLUB.  YOU CAN BE SURE HE'LL BE DOING LOTS OF ACTIVITIES WITH OUR CLUB THROUGHOUT THE COMING YEAR.

 Hi my name is Danilo Masson,

I am fifteen years old and live with my parents. I was Born in Campinas, Sao Paulo where I grew up. I have one sister ,Mariane, Who is 26 years old and lives in Sao Paulo, with her fiancee.

I am going into the second year of high school and also taking tecnical courses in chemistry,  that is why I stay in school from 7:30 A.M. until 4:00 p.m. every day. In all I have nineteen  disciplines; my regular high school classes (Math, Portuguese, Biology, Physical, History, Chemistry, Geography, etc.), in the morning and technical classes (inorganic chemistry,
organic chemistry, good laboratory practices, Physical-Chemistry and topics in chemistry experimental) in the afternoon. Every day I have 8 classes of 50 minutes each.

 My parents have their own business marking school uniforms. My father has already retired but he keeps on working and my sister and me when we are on our vacation always help my parents in their job.

At home I always help my mother clean the house and to keep my room organized since I have my own room.

My city is a big city and we have a lot of things to do, such as go to the mall, watch movies, go to Taquaral park and theater, eat in excellent restaurants and go to teen clubs at night and then mainly, on Sunday go ride a bike on the bicycle paths.

About the things that I dislike:  Well, I really don't have many, but I don't like to eat vegetables and don't like so much to read a book.

About the things that I like: I enjoy playing with dogs and children, go out with my friend, watch tv, eat Japanese food  and pasta, travel and the last thing but not less important is stay with my family.

After my exchange year I will finish my technical courses, get into a good university and grow up to be a better person. I know that the exchange program will help me achieve all my dreams.

Can't wait to this realize!

Greetings - I will see you all soon.
Danilo


No comments: