Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Rotary Foundation Minute


This week’s The Rotary Foundation “One Minute Message” is about the Rotary Peace and Conflict Studies Program (RPCS) – strengthening the leaders of today for peace.

Mid-career professionals from around the world, representing a wide variety of fields, participate in an intensive three month course at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand. RPCS Program alumnus Richelieu Allison, Regional Director of the West African Youth Network, says, “This course has been the missing link in my [ability] to contribute to the resolution of the numerous problems confronting my region. If I had had the knowledge I am gaining now I would have been in a better position to adequately analyze the conflicts, map out the various actors, go the extra mile, and play a major role in helping to restore peace.” This sentiment has stuck with him, as he wrote in a recent email, “The changes [the program] made in my life cannot be overemphasized.” Take action. Make your annual EREY gift today! “BUILDING COMMUNITIES - BRIDGING CONTINENTS”

No comments: